Richard Derby, Jr., M.D.
Areas of Care:
- Pain Management
- Undergraduate – Stanford University, 1967
- Medical School – University of California, Irvine, 1971
- Internship – Orange County Medical Center, 1972
- Residency, Anesthesiology – University of California, 1974
- American Board of Anesthesiology, 1976
- State of California Medical License
- American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA)
- California Medical Association (CMA)
- San Mateo County Medical Association (SMCMA)
- North American Spine Society (NASS)
- Founding Member, International Spine Intervention Society (ISIS)
- Bay Area Pain Society
- International Society for the Study of the Lumbar Spine (ISSLS)
- International Intradiscal Therapy Society (IITS)
- California Society of Anesthesiologists (CSA)
- Faculty Member, American Back Society (ABS)
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (ASIPP)
- World Institute of Pain (WIP)
- Fellow of Interventional Pain Practice (FIPP)
Honors and Awards
- Lifetime Achievement Award, American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (ASIPP) for outstanding service, leadership, and contributions to ASIPP and Interventional Pain Management, June 26, 2011.
- Best Doctors,The Best Doctors in America, 2007-2008.
- Friend of ASIPP Award, American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (ASIPP), Washington, DC June 2007.
- Sofamor Danek Poster Award, International Society for The Study of the Lumbar Spine, 1998. Derby R, Howard M, Grant J, Lettice J. Surgical and non-surgical outcomes in chemically sensitized discs diagnosed by discography.
- National Leadership Award, The National Republican Congressional Committee, Honorary Co-Chairman, Physician's Advisory Board
Dr. Derby is a published author and does lectures throughout the country.