Our Patient’s Safety During COVID-19
Our center is a controlled space, staffed by providers who understand and have experience in managing infection and disease. Especially in the surgical arena, providing exceptional infection control precautions is simply a daily way of life for us.
That said, we know you have questions about your upcoming procedure. Please be aware that we are taking further steps to ensure your safety and comfort.
Before Your Procedure:
You were provided multiple pre-operative documents to complete to prepare for your procedure. Please complete these before your arrival to limit time spent in the waiting area.
You will need a responsible adult escort to drive you to your procedure and home. We will need to know the name and a cell phone number for your escort, if you are a minor one of your parents will need to remain on property until your procedure is complete. All escorts will be asked to leave and return when they are called.
When You Arrive:
- Please call the following number once you pull into the parking lot: 650-991-2000.
- Our intake nurse will greet you at the front door and perform a final health screening. (You will be given protective equipment such as a mask and bonnet prior to entering.)
- Please have all documentation ready to hand over at this time.
- Your escort will need to wait in the car until your procedure is done. We will call them approximately 30 minutes prior to you being discharged. They will pick you up at the patient discharge area once they are called.
- We are not allowing escorts to enter the Surgery Center. If you feel you have a need for an escort please contact the Surgery Center at 650-991-2000 prior to your date of surgery to get clearance. Your escort will need to follow the prescreening process.
After Your Procedure:
- We will call your escort to alert them when we are ready to discharge you.
- We will bring you to the discharge area to meet your escort.
- At this time, we will review the findings of the procedure with you and, depending on your post-operative communication preference, your escort. You will also be provided with discharge information and instructions.
- If you should need to speak with the physician about concerns or questions you may have, that communication can be arranged.