Dr. Eddie Lo M.D.
Shoulder Joint Specialist, Sports Medicine for Hip & Knee. Dr. Eddie Lo received his medical training at Columbia University and completed his orthopedic residency at UC Davis. He subsequently completed two years of fellowship training in Los Angeles and Dallas, specializing in sports medicine and shoulder surgery, respectively. He abides by his mentors' philosophy that “the diagnosis comes from the patients’ stories" and "treat your patients as you would your family." Through 10 years of medical training, Dr. Lo has gained extensive general orthopedic expertise with a specialty in treating all shoulder conditions as well as athletic hip injuries.
He has had the privilege of publishing multiple book chapters, presenting his original scientific research at international conferences, and instructing in surgical training sessions. He is a Bay Area native, a staunch Cal Bears fan, and fluent in Chinese Mandarin and conversational Taiwanese.
For more information about my procedures click here www.eddielomd.com.
Fluent in Mandarin Chinese; Conversational in Taiwanese; with working knowledge in Spanish.
MD. Columbia University: College of Physicians and Surgeons, 2002-2006
BA. University of California, Berkeley, 1998-2002
Molecular and Cell Biology with emphasis in Biochemistry, awarded 6/2002.
POST GRADUATE TRAINING
2012-2013 Shoulder and Elbow Fellowship. The Carrell Clinic, Dallas Tx
2011-2012 Sports Fellowship. Southern California Orthopedic Institute, Van Nuys, CA
2007-2011 Orthopedic Residency. University of California, Davis
2006-2007 Surgical Internship. University of California, Davis
2008-Current Physician and Surgeon. California
2012-Current Physician and Surgeon. Texas
PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY MEMBERSHIP
2011-Current American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, Active Member
2011-Current Arthroscopy Association of North America, Active Member
2007-Current American Acadamy of Orthopedic Surgeons, Active Member
PEER REVIEWED PUBLICATIONS
1. Lo EY, Burkhead WZ et al. Reverse Total Shoulder Arthroplasty for Acute Proximal Humerus Fracture: Is there a benefit in using a fracture-specific stem? (in submission)
2. Lo EY, Flanagin BA, and Burkhead WZ. Biologic resurfacing arthroplasty with acellular human dermal allograft in young patients with glenohumeral arthritis. (in submission)
3. Lo EY, Guanche CA et al. Retrospective outcome study on FAI patients with 5-year follow-up. (in submission)
4. Lo EY and Karzel R. Retrospective outcome study on arthroscopic treatment of calcific tendinitis and concomitant rotator cuff repair. (in submission)
5. Lo EY and Ferkel RD. Acute Posterior Shoulder Instability- A Novel Mechanism of Injury. (in submission)
6. Lo EY et al. Locking vs nonlocking construct in an osteoporotic, segmental defect fibula fracture model. (in submission)
7. Lo EY, Li CS, Van Den Bogaerde JM. The Effect of Drill Trajectory on Proximity to the Posterior Interosseous Nerve During Cortical Button Distal Biceps Repair. J Arthroscopy. 2011; 27(8): 1048-54
8. Lo EY, Eastman J, Tseng S, Lee MA, Yoo BJ. Neurovascular Risks of Anteroinferior Clavicular Plating. Orthopedics. 2010; 33(1):21.
9. Eastman J, Tseng S, Lo EY, Yoo BJ, Lee MA. Retropatellar Technique for Intramedullary Nailing of Proximal Tibia Fractures: A Cadaveric Assessment. J Orthop Trauma. 2010; 24(11): 672-6.
10. Lo EY and Lee MA. New Concepts in the Surgical Management of Ankle Fractures. Orthopedics. 2008; 31:868-72.
1. Lo EY and Burkhead WZ. Ch: Hemiarthroplasty with and without Biologic Glenoid Resurfacing for Glenohumeral Arthritis with an Intact Rotator Cuff. Operative Techniques in Orthopedic Surgery, 2013.
2.Lo EY and Burkhead WZ. Ch: Instability failure in Shoulder Arthroplasty: Rockin' and Rollin'. Seminars in Arthroplasty. 2013.
3.Lo EY, Krishnan SG. Ch: Management of instability for in-season athlete. Controversies in Shoulder Instability. 2013.
4.Cohen SB, Bradley JP, Guanche CA, and Lo EY. Chapter: Posterior Soft Tissue Injuries of the Hip: Hamstring. 2012.
1. Biologic resurfacing arthroplasty with acellular human dermal allograft in young patients with glenohumeral arthritis. International Congress of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery: Nagoya Japan. 2013.
2. Retrospective outcome study on FAI patients with 5-year follow-up. Arthroscopy Association North America. 2013.
3. Retrospective outcome study on arthroscopic treatment of calcific tendinitis and concomitant rotator defect repair, Amercan Academy of Orthopedic Surgery: Chicago. 2013
4. Current Concepts of management for anterior shoulder instability. SCOI Fellow Presentations, 2011.
5. Locking vs nonlocking construct in an osteoporotic, segmental defect fibula fracture model. UC Davis Graduation Symposium. 2011.
6. Distal biceps tendon injury: current concepts of surgical repair. UC Davis Orthopedic Hand Lectures. 2010
7. Current management of bimalleolar-equivalent ankle fractures. UC Davis Orthopedic Trauma Lectures. 2007.
1. Lo EY and Burkhead WZ. Rotator Interval Plication Involving Coracohumeral and Coracoacromial Ligament Reconstruction. Vumedi Video, 2012.
2. Lo EY and Guanche CA. Arthroscopic Labral Reconstruction Using Iliotibial Band Autograft. Vumedi Video, 2012.
3. Lo EY and Getelman MH. Repair of Meniscocapsular Injury. Vumedi Video, 2012.
4. Lo EY and Burns JP. Second Look Arthroscopy After Graft Jacket Augmentation. Vumedi Video, 2011.
Assistant Instructor. Shoulder Arthroscopy Lab. AANA Master Shoulder Arthroscopy Course. 2013-Current.
Assistant Instructor. Hip Arthroscopy Lab. Napa Shoulder Course. 2011-Current.
Assistant Instructor. Shoulder Arthroscopy Lab. Esch Shoulder Course. 2012.
International Collaboration with Beijing and Shanghai Orthopedic Surgeons- Forum with Southern California Orthopedic Institute. 2012-Current
Chinese Olympic Physicians Delegate- Medical Interpreter for UC Davis Sports Medicine Symposium. 2010-11
Senior Resident Research Award, June 2011- “Locking vs nonlocking construct in an osteoporotic, segmental defect fibula fracture model”.
Tokyo Keio University Clinical Fellowship, Spring 2006
901 Campus Drive, Ste 102
Daly City, CA 94015